Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HELP

GAMBINO

I WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO SHUT OF THE <MOD-DIAM> WHEN DIMENSIONING
A DRAWING SO IT READS WITH THE DIAMETER SIGN INSTEAD OF THE
<MOD-DIAM> TEXT

Hi I am not sure if this will help I had to open one of my drawings to test it out. When you dimension a circular feature in the dimension text box that opens up it will have <mod-diam> you can delete this out of the text box and hit the diameter symbol to reinstall it in the box. I am not sure how your options are set up either but I would experiment with the "more options" feature at the bottom of the dimension box. One other thing that might work is go to tools on the top bar/scroll down to options/ then click the document properties tab/ then you can change settings within this menu to get the desired effect on your drawings. If you want make a copy of the existing drawing to experiment with so you don't change something and not know how to get it back to the original. Most drawing problems I run into I use "trial and error" to find a solution. Someone might know of a more specific way to fix your problem so keep checking the forum. Good luck

The Xerogs

I had this same problem, but it turned out to just be a glitch. When I rebooted my computer the drawings started showing the diameter symbol as normal. I don't know what happened. It was working fine and then I worked in the model and came back the drawing showed the <mod-diam> in the drawing instead of just the properties box. After logging off and then back on it was working properly.

xerogs is correct this is the method i use i'm told there is some way of setting the diameter sign up but dont know how will investigate and get back 2 u

Paul Cunningham

p.s where are all the solidworks users!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the proe forum is packed daily come on you lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, you have to remember that this forum was started as Pro/E Central and had a very large backing prior to the switch to the current site mcadcentral. This is a great site
smiley32.gif
and we should all spread the word. Many of us use more than one CAD system on a day to day basis.

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back