Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

some wish

pkivela

Hello.

1. Pro/E need option to save without completing features. Like Catia does.

2. Good zebra stripe real time surface analysis. Like Catia or Rhino.

3. Surface tangent can be add later. Not with ribbon feature. I know there can be some problems with contruction history, but can features set in history same time like equal features?

4. Create groups by selecting history tree.

5. G2 continuity to sketching mode. When you create splines, you can only add tangency which means problem to surface continuity.

6. Integrated 3D Paint with digital pen (Wacom). Like Alias. Pro/Concept features to Pro/E.

7. More intelligent menu for mouse2 button. Like Alias.

8. More dumb user guidance for feature creation. Like SW.

9. More automated drawing creation.

which version are you using?

1. You can leave features incomplete 2001 or wildfire at least.

2. zebra stripe is in the next release I think.

3.In isdx you can add tangency whenever you want.

4. groups for what? Do you mean layers?

5 use isdx for curves and forget about sketcher

6. cant you bring pro concept into pro? I thought that was the whole idea behind it?

7. try mapkeys

8. this depends on which version you are using

9. dont know, dont draw much I only surface.

Sounds like you are having a tough time adjusting to new software. I have been through this learning Autocad, Solidworks, Pro e, then UG and its not always fun but you can make it easier on yourself by asking lots of questions and searching through the support section of ptc.com.

There arent many things you cant do in Pro e, you just have to know where to look.

Mike

1. Can i? Ok, i need to test it.

2. Really? If there is such fuction in Wildfire, ill let u know.

3. No, it depends on history.

4. Groupin features easily.

5. .I know with isdx. Ill prefer to do that in 2d sketcher. No anyone need to buy expensive modules. I can do G2 curves also with datum curve with 2 point and add curvature option to ends. Pretty difficult to edit sline shape.

6. Integrated conseptualization with high-end cad. For industrial design needs and for design collaboration with Wildfire. Real time skeching.

7. Mapkeys is not very intuitive and graphical.

8. Pro/E isnt very easy and intuitive.

9. Compared for example SW. No anyone vant to be an engineer, just do some drawings easily.

1. Can i? Ok, i need to test it.

2. Really? If there is such fuction in Wildfire, ill let u know.

3. No, it depends on history.

4. Groupin features easily.

5. .I know with isdx. Ill prefer to do that in 2d sketcher. No anyone need to buy expensive modules. I can do G2 curves also with datum curve with 2 point and add curvature option to ends. Pretty difficult to edit sline shape.

6. Integrated conseptualization with high-end cad. For industrial design needs and for design collaboration with Wildfire. Real time skeching.

7. Mapkeys is not very intuitive and graphical.

8. Pro/E isnt very easy and intuitive.

9. Compared for example SW. No anyone vant to be an engineer, just do some drawings easily.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back