Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Making/Editing Belt thru belt mechanism

camilia

Hej

I am trying to make part file after belt mechanism in wildfire 5 as seen in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naS-KgZN9ak

but at 1:00 I dont find any file with .gph file in working or even in whole system

can some body suggest me about this difference or help me in editing part file features like thickness and width of belt?

Regards

The file is a user defined feature. Based on what is shown it may be a
sweep or VSS. Can't tell for sure since the features aren't shown in
the model tree.

Can you plz explain in simple words...
I have make belt part but it is just a line part I want to give it width and thickness, how is it possible?

For your instance without the UDF feature (.gph file) you can just create a VSS, select the curve as the trajectory, and createthe sketch section.

To follow the video you need to create the UDF. It can be a simple part with a straight line for the VSS trajectory and a square or rectangle as the sketched section.

View attachment 5478

You create a UDF from Tools>UDF Library, select create, ProE will ask you to specify a name for the feature (this becomes the .gph file), select whether you want the UDF to be stand alone or subordinate, and a dialog box will open up with the UDF definitions that need to be defined. Select the VSS as the feature and select the done prompts to exit the feature definition. ProE will then ask you to specify prompts for the feature references. For this there is only one for the trajectory curve. All of the other definitions are optional.

With the belt part created and the trajectory curve defined as in the video you select Insert>User Defined Feature, select the .gph file, a dialog box will come up with a feature definition box and it should have a reference selection for the trajectory, select the curve in the belt.prt and it should create the belt geometry.

View attachment 5479

View attachment 5480

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back