Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pipe length

skraba

Hello!

Is there a way to extract pipe length or stock length? I would need this parameter for BOM?

Regards,

Jurij Skraba

In the repeat region, enter this report symbol:

asm.mbr.pipe.segment.len.center

or

asm.mbr.pipe.segment.len.pre_cut

So technically I have to have two repeat regions on my drawing, since the field for the part dimensions appears only once in a row.

Or is there option to show either user-defined parameter, parameter asm.mbr.pipe.segment.len.center

or parameter asm.mbr.pipe.segment.len.pre_cut, depending on null value of either one?

Regards,

Skraba

My understanding is center and pre_cut are both filled out automatically when you create a pipe segment. It is up to you to decide if your table will show final lengths or pre-cut lengths.

You can filter the column to show a user defined parameter if it has a value. Just use report relations. If you are using Wildfire, you don't have to show columns in the table for each parameter used report relations. Earlier versions have this limitation.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back