Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

length driven from multiple analysis???

megaladon

i have a flexible hose-pipe that is attached to a skeleton-framethat will rotate up to 90 degrees. in the flat position it a has a free length of roughly 600mm. when the arm is rotated it has a length of roughly 670mm (free length).

i want to be able to run an analysis with the angle as the variable to drive the hose length change so that in the flat position it maintains the longest length needed from the rotated length(ihave changed the hose section flex shape to a fixed length for the curve ).

what is the best way to achieve this while maintaining tangency?

View attachment 4958

View attachment 4959
Edited by: megaladon

i should also mention that the point to point hose length i'm talking about it from the fitting to the first clamp.

so if there is a way for por-e to claculte what the longest length of the hose will be when rotated while in the flat position i would love to know.

thank you

Route the wire with the door open. Be careful of the dig points you choose because we are going to close the door after we fix the length of the cable. Fix the length of the wire then close the door. With proper pick points you can observe the wire hang and make assumptions that the wire is moving natural. From this observation one can estimate where to apply the shrink or plastic PMA conduit.

For an anylsis you might consider using ISDX or curve thru point type of curve geometry for your observations.... Just a thought.

Any other ideas?
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back