Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shaded Cable Display in Drawing

hansonm

Hello, I am new to Pro/Cable and have a question. I would like to show a shaded iso image of a Pro/Cable assembly on my drawing but the cables do not hide correctly. I have searched this forum but can't seem to find the answer. Is there a config setting I can change to allow correct cable display in a shaded view?

Thank you for your help.

Mike Hanson

One method might be to open the model and change your background to white. Save off a shaded image as a bitmap. Then in your drawing, import the bitmap image of the shaded model.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a more automatic solution. I think I'll hold off putting shaded views in cable drawings for now.

Sometimes if there are interferences in components that shows up in a drawing with hidden line problems ... cables do not show properly.

Thanks, Bart. That makes since but it didn't solve my problem. I suppressed all but a couple of wires and the wires I kept still show through the shaded image (along with cosmetics and PCB keepout areas). I guess it looks more like a shaded image in drawings problem.

Also, be sure that your cable display is set to thick

"display_thick_cables" in config options or override in enviornment

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back