Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Harness Display on Drawings

Caper

Hi PE Users:

Currently we are using Wildfire 3.0 and WindChill 8.0
Our drawings are automatically published with in Windchill to PDF. Sometimes on the drawing the wires are missing in a harness showing only the connectors while other times the wires are shown in thin mode.
Can someone tell me if there is setting within Windchill for the publisher to always set the wires to thick mode before publishing or is there something that I should do before saving and checking in the harness assembly so my results on the drawings are to always show thick mode. NOTE: we are using shaded views on the drawings. No issues with non-shaded views.
Also sometime when we first call up an assembly within Pro/e that have various harnesses in the assembly the harnesses appear in both thin and thick mode even though the display mode in thin. Why is this so? I can toggle the display mode to make all the harnesses to be thick but the Windchill publisher does not perform a toggle before creating the PDF of the drawing.
Comments, thoughts, solutions are welcomed.

Caper,

wires showing in thin mode in drawing- Could be because the view properties>display>default(cable) which you have to fix as thick so from then it always displays wires/cables in thick and not default.

various harnesses in the assembly the harnesses appear in both thin and thick mode even though the display mode in thin- i think its normal.. i always open the assy and change the environment settings to whatever i want.. takes 2~3 clicks.

Also, When in drawing mode be sure to have your drawing views saved with the following setting

Under drawing view properties box

View Display tab

Cable display = Thick

Save all drawings that contain cables with this setting and there should be no problem creating the PDF

There is also a config.pro option that you can set that will govern the display of cables.

display_thick_cables YES

The default value is "NO". However Pro/E seems to abide by this in an unpredictable way. At least I can't predict it. Anyways setting it to "YES" will always display the cables as thick.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back