Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Slot connection or something else???

pk190583

Hello. How can i make this object with two wheels to slide on that track bend? (to follow the straight red line,turn at the bend and then continue straight again). What type of connection do i have to use? I tried the slot but the object followed the red line without turning via its axis at the bend(it has to be tangent to the bend). also is it possible to make the wheels spining while it is moving on the track? (like there was friction perhaps). Thank you very much.

cam/follower will do it. you need a point in the wheel assembly and select the red line as what the point follows. Look for a cam/follower tutorial somewhere. Spinning the wheels should be easy. Add a motor to them and either make them move constantly with a velocity or put the values into a table if you want a wheel to rotate at different speed during the motion.

You would need two slot connections to keep itsquared up . two points seperated some distance for follower points and then the same curves

also, if an error persist with the above suggestions, convert your path( red line) into spline. you can do this during sketcher mode.

hope this helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back