Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dual Dims in drawings

genet

I use dual dimensioning on all our drawings

I have one drawing where both dimensions show up in mm not inch and mm

I cant find a setting to change in the drawing

This happened before and I was able to fix it but cant remember how

HELP
smiley19.gif

<a href="forum_posts.asp?TID=38539" target="_blank" target="_blank">

</a>Set these 2 options in the drawing option (File > Properties
> Drawing Options)

<table ="MsonormalTable" style="width: 327pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="436">
<t><tr style="">
<td style="border: 1pt solid windowtext; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 131.4pt;" valign="top" width="175">
dual_dimensioning
</td>
<td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 3.25in;" valign="top" width="312">
primary[secondary] or secondary[primary]
</td>
</tr>
<tr style="">
<td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 131.4pt;" valign="top" width="175">
dual_secondary_units
</td>
<td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 3.25in;" valign="top" width="312">
mm, cm, m, inch or foot
</td>
</tr>
</t></table>

if u don't find the above two option, then find (in option row bottom left corner )and add it.

Thanks for the reply

Ilooked at those but it didnt work

I think it is just this drawing for some reason

Check the units in your model. If the model is set up metric (mmNs) and your secondary units are mm, both will show mm.

Thanks for the help

It was a combimation of both

You have to love working on someone else's stuff and try to figure out what they where thinking

I also forgot the exact option but as much i can remember its in drawing set up option. and check there for dual dimension and u will get the option primary or secondary etc.

Hello,

in drawing option , change the setting to yes on dual_dimensioning

Right click on drawing file in session go to drawing option for this setting. You will get both mm and Inch dimension

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back