Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

need help with EMX

skwasim_smile

hi there,

I happen to just got EMX version4.0 but i donno how do i connect this with Pro-e can you please guide through this, is there any special attention to be given after the installation of EMX ( i mean do i have to play around in config.pro to attach emx along with pro-e),by the way iam using W.F-4.0 version

thanks in advance guy's
wasim

yes you need to do it in config.pro. the option is protkdat and point it to emxloadpoint\text\
next time when you start pro, it will open the emx menu in proe window. you may also need to do one more thing. there is a config.pro file in emx, maybe in text folder. just open it in wordpad, open your original config.pro file in wordpad, copy all the text from emx config pro and paste it in the end of your config pro file and save it. If the saving cause it to name config.pro.txt, then you can rename it after quiting the wordpad by classic window method to config.pro and thats it.

a good way to do it is to make another copy of wildfire shortcut on your desktop and rename it to emx. make a new folder at some safe place and copy that modified configpro in that folder. right click on the emx shortcut, at the perameter start folder, put the address of your new folder that contains emx config.pro file. Also search for config.win file in emx and do it like you do with your genuine config.pro file and save it in this directory too. when you need to start emx, you can run it by this shortcut and you will get emx menu + emx toolbars in your wildfire gui.

hi zaki

this seems bit strange & funny i found config.pro for emx but not able to find it for pro-e,if i do the whole thing wat u have written how do i use the standards from the EMX i mean to say how can i call it in pro-engineer,can you plz help me on this

Edited by: skwasim_smile

Dear Wasim
Salam Alaik
I dont know how you installed proe on your pc. But if you didnt yet set the start folder, so I can give you my config.pro file. You can make a folder by any name, I am using a folder names start. So you can make any folder and put the config pro file in it. Then make another folder named emx, then put the emx config file in it and do what I said. My cofig pro has some mapkeys and you can use F keys for that.

2008-12-20_154649_START4.rar

dear zaki
W.Salam,

thanks a lot a lot for ur config file i did the same way mentioned but iam not getting the emx in wildfire gui, i got it in the previous attempt where i just created a folder and pasted the emx config.pro in tht folder and linked with emx shortcut icon, but still it was not working as it showed a message tht icon is currently not displayed, if u can understand my prob plz help me out with this, and guide me to use the emx when it is activated.

thanks again for the help

wasim.

Dear Wasim
Salam Alaik
Please wait for tomorrow, I will give you my emx config pro file along with screen shots so you can do it easily. Otherwise, download teamveiw and let me remote access to your pc. so I will do it.

Thanks zaki for the efforts ur putting in me, i just wanted too ask u is EMX-4.1 compatiable with W.F-4.0 or should i upgrade to EMX-5.0

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back