Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How could i create my own moldbase in emx

PHIL123

hy,
I need to create my own moldbase labrary in emx. Is it possible ? If it's possible could you tell me how to create it ? Do you now were can i find information (tutorial) on emx 5 ?

Edited by: PHIL123

Phil123,

Yeah, you can create your own mold base in EMX, The help files are about the only thing out there for training. I believe there are a few VAR's that might offer some custom training. What are you having a problem with? How long have you been using EMX? EMX 4.0 might be a little easier to learn.

Hi,
We work with promold for 1 year, we bought emx 5.0 about 3 or 4 months ago.
My big problem is emx has been made for std moldbase (DME..). In aluminum diecast, we dont use std moldbase. I am wondering if emx is the right program for us or mold layout or simply assembly would be better.

With our ptc receller, it is possible to have training, but ptc is ptc. We are not sure of what emx is able to do, and we don't want to pay more for something we are not sure.

Can you tell me how I can create my own moldbase.

It would be very helpful

Thank you very much

hello Phil123:

With that version of EMX are you working?

I am working for a VAR in spain, and it is possible to customize the entire EMX.

that is really what you want to customize?

I

Hi,
We work with promold for 1 year, we bought emx 5.0 about 3 or 4 months ago.
My
big problem is emx has been made for std moldbase (DME..). In aluminum
diecast, we dont use std moldbase. I am wondering if emx is the right
program for us or mold layout or simply assembly would be better.

With
our ptc receller, it is possible to have training, but ptc is ptc. We
are not sure of what emx is able to do, and we don't want to pay more
for something we are not sure.

Can you tell me how I can create my own moldbase.

It would be very helpful

Thank you very much

hi Phil123:

are you tried to use emx5.0 == tools adminstration ==> mold plates editor?

I hope that the menus are good, because Ihave a Spanish version

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
Is this what you mean?

No, I did not try it. Because it seems to give me the choice from the std moldbase.
If it's the way. How can I use this editor to create my moldbase.

I put a picture of a kind of mold we design. I'm really not sure that Emx, is the good thing. I'm waiting for your comments.

Thank you

<DIV id=result_ dir=ltr>Hello Phil

by the type of mold you do, I think EMX is not the right tool.</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>EMX es a very good tool, but for me that molds that you show me in the picture, I think that it is not the correct toll.</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>I think you should have seen the smartassembly.</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>do you know the manufacturer of soft?</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>I recommend you see Web www.buw-soft.de</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>smartassembly does not generate the mold as the EMX, but has the tools so you can generate your own elements and defining as insert them.</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>when you insert an element, you define the mechanized that you want and makes realize assessment measures.</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>I hope that it will help you....</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr></DIV>

Hi, Mr. Calleja

I don't think my boss will like to hear that EMX is not the right tool. I'm sure he will not be happy to hear that we bought something that is not useful.

I will check for smartassembly, but I'm not sure if we will spend more money on that project.

thank you very much for your support.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back