Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Patr and drawing - the same name

dimitardw

Hi ALL

I have a question would like to ask you:

is it possible when you start to create a drawing from already existing part, automaticly tne name of the drawing to accept the name of the part.

Normaly when I start to make a drawing from the part, the name of this drawing by default is "drw0001", but I want this field to fill automaticly with thename of the part.

It is very useful when the part name isvery long.

Thanks in advance!

The fastest option is to show model info and copy the model name. Then start creating the drawing and paste the model name in the Drawing name box.

Thanks for respond,

Yes it is a way to solve this,but actually I was thinking that can be config.pro option jist to catch the part name automaticly.

Probably no option like that?!

Once again thanks for the answer.

It helps me!

You can have ProE automatically create a drawing that has the same name as the part name using the config option rename_drawings_with_object. You will need to setup some template files, a part template and a drawing template. Both should have the same name. The drawing template should use the part template as the default model. When you create a new part you should see the Copy associated drawings box checked andselect your template file. After creating the part check your working directory and you should see that a drawing was created with the same name as the part.

Hi kdem,

Sorry for late!

Thanks for your explanations,but unfortunately I can't get the right result.

I do everything how you told me but?!.....

My be I do something wrong.

But it is not so important thing for designing.

Thanks again!

yes there is one easy way to do it...

In the format of your title bloack where you write down the nameof the drawing at that place instead of writing down the name everytimeyou can just write

Name= &drawing_name

i think it should work

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back