Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

concrete mold

bmwgy5

im just getting my feet wet with pro/e and am designing a breakwater module. it is essentially concrete poured over polystyrene. i am wonedering what the best way to draft this would be. there is obviously rebar and mesh, as well as pvc which runs the length of the mold.

I would separate my materials into different part files and then assemble them into an asm file.

I would create the cement molding as one solid piece and then using surface quilts (copy& paste the surfaces)around the the rebar, pvc, etc.... using the quilts of your components to remove material from the cement molding (select surface>solidify cut). You could then get an accurate volume calculation of how much cement you might need then.

Also it may be easier to put say all the rebar into one part file, than have an assembly of single rebar bars when cutting the surface quilting (one cut vs # of single rebar files).... vs calculating the length of rebar you may need.

If that makes any sence??????

You can use edit/component operations/cutout to subtract solids from your concrete. Easier than making quilts. However, it will leave concrete inside hollow parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back