Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

combine parts into assembly

kmargaris

Does pro engineer have an option to form new subassembly like SolidWorks, ie in an assembly combine two or more parts or sub assemblies into a new subassembly?

Are you talking about merging two parts into one solid or restructuring an assembly tree? Either can be done.

I want to restructure an assembly. Suppose that I have an assembly of 4 part. I want to combine two of them into another subassembly inside the main assembly.

In the assembly pick edit/restructure. It is one of the most cryptic of Pro/E interfaces so you might want to read the help.

kmargaris said:
Does pro engineer have an option to form new subassembly like SolidWorks, ie in an assembly combine two or more parts or sub assemblies into a new subassembly?

No it wont happen in Pro-E.

But you can insert a sub-assly and you can restructure the model tree by moving the parts into the subassly.

Create a new sub-assembly (empty) and assemble it into the main
assembly.
Go to restructure (it will ask you about the components to move and the
target assembly).
With this you can be able to assemble the two parts together as a sub-
assembly.

Restucture: You need to be careful with what you have used for references in your top-level when use this function. Also, it is notorious for crashing Pro/E so make sure you have saved before attemtping to use it.

smiley5.gif
HAi.....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back