Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Maxwell Render plugin for Pro/E?

pro_eek

Some of you may have seen the awesome rendering results obtained with Next Limit's Maxwell Render www.maxwellrender.com

(They say Maxwell Render's actual rendering time is slow because of its real life physics computation, but that should get better as processing power keepsimproving every year.)

Next Limithave a lot of plugins for modeling software such as Solidworks, 3DS Max etc. but not for Pro/E. I've emailed them now to see if they'll ever make a plugin for Pro/E, or whether they have some agreement with Solidworks, meaning Pro/E is left out of the loop. We'll see what their answer is..

Now the next question: Is there any chance that PTC would not help Next Limit to make a plug in, as they want to protect their ARX investment? I reckon if they could work with Next Limit, it could greatly enhance Pro/E's usefullness to industrial designers.

Now... where do I go to ask PTC this question?

Mmm, I have heard before that people find it grainy. Maybe just a matter ofhow long you leave it to render?

Check the maxwell render website galleryfor awesome renders. Especially check Gallery>Images>architecture>interiors pics 04 to 10. This guy did a great job, dont know how long it took him...

Also check Gallery>Images>engineering>product , some nice stuff there

Off course I havent had time totry maxwell render yet, I've just been admiring their results..

As for my first post of a possible plug-in for Pro/E: no response from PTC or Next Limit yet..

The tool they have now is bad ass... The programmers just don't write deep enough into the tool. (thats my guess at least since I really don't know) http://www.lightworkdesign.com
Edited by: design-engine

I wish I could use environment lights more. I've played around with it as much as I could and the results are impressive, but it takes hours and hours to render. Until I upgrade to 64 bit, there's not much I can do with it now. I think its a great step in the right direction, but they should find a way to getit to multithread.

Lightwork design looks interesting Bart, can one download a trial of their software somewhere?

mgnt8, are you refering to Maxwell render, Pro/Photorender, ARX or some other software?
Edited by: pro_eek

I was referring to ARX. It now has HDRI lighting. Nice results but it takes so much time to get it right. If I had 48 hrsin a day, maybe I could get somewhere with it. I don't know what they pay people at places like ILM, but whatever it is, it isn't enough.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back