Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is there any optn to creat Quarter View?

Not exactly sure what your trying to accomplish, but you have these options using BOUNDRY CURVES:

1) You can do a DETAILED VIEW off of a view. INSERT/DRAWING VIEW/DETAILED

2) You can do a PARTIAL VIEW of a view. (Select the view and pick PROPERTIES)

I can't think of an instance where it would make sense to have a quarter view. And I don't believe pro-e will allow you to do it since you would need to have two perpendicular references to split the model into 1/4's.

Drawing

open_folder_icon.gif
Pro/ENGINEER Forum : Drawing

subject_folder.gif
Topic: Is there any optn to creat Quarter View?

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

I was thinking this topic was about the Pro/Detail, where generally it is used for documentation and not presentations.

If you want to display a 1/4 of a model in a iso-type view, you can create a family member, open it upand then chop it up with some cuts and then add it to the Pro/Detail canvas.

hi friends,

thanks for the replies. I use partial view to creat quarter views, I think I need to continue this method only.

Ioften work on flywheel kind of components which will have symmetric ribs and holes, it is sufficient to creat quarter views to convey all required details. (i follow this method only to use small drawings with bigger scale)

thanks

-Rudresh

In model, create X-Section with Offset option and then, in Sketcher, draw closed polygon for section you want to "exclude".

On the drawing add new view oriented like sketch view of XSec0001 and select XSec0001 for view section. And there you have quarter view.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back