Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

making accurate shell or merged solids

ronfya

Hello there,

This is making me mad ...

I would like to make an accurate shell or merged solid out of choosen components (part & sub assemblies) of an assembly.

I tried shrinkwrap but this method requires that accuracy factor which tends to omit smaller details if not set high enough ... and you don't know what high enough is.

I tried to export as step or iges but then it exports all the assembly and I only want to export some of it. And if I suppress components, I face parents and child relationships and cannot supress what I want ... Sure there is the freeze option to help child components stay when supressing parents ...
But anyway, after supressing components, Pro-E takes endless time to export the step file ... I don't understand why.

So my question again : is there a SIMPLE method to make an ACCURATE shell or merged solid out of CHOOSEN components of an assembly ?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back