Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RSD 7 M010

cbenner

Has anyone else downloaded the m010 patch to RSD 7.0?

Suddenly my grids are all made of dashed, instead of solid line. My crosshairs are dashed as well.

I have to say, overall, RSD 7.0.... not very friendly. Central Catalog is buggy and cumbersome to work with, and there are only 2 of us using it.
smiley7.gif

I've just started using this myself and found that under Grid Properties, modifying the Pen associated with it helped. On my system changing the Pen to 16, 17,18, or 19 gave me a thin solid line with each pen number having a different color. I'm not sure about the crosshair.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Although it looks like we're going to go back to 6.0. 7.0 is so full of Central Cataloggremlins it isn't worth the headaches and rework... IMHO

in 7.0 how does one go about editing a spool parameters in the dataset?

I figured it out ... .csv loaded.
Edited by: design-engine

cbenner said:
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Although it looks like we're going to go back to 6.0. 7.0 is so full of Central Cataloggremlins it isn't worth the headaches and rework... IMHO

Hi Chris,

I believe the grid problem was fixed in RSD 7.0 M20 as well as some other updates. In addition, you do not need to use the Central Catalog in 7.0 if you do not want to.Just do not submit your library and it will work like 6.0. That way you will still have the advantages of improved variable connector interface, improvedlayers, inlining into Cables, controllable fiber direction, and packed files that are compressed as well. BTW I deliveringa presentation at PTC/User about Administer the Central Catalog that may be useful. If you are not attending I will make it available on my website www.cedelsolutions.com after the conference.

Take care,

Cassandra DeLeon Kemp

CeDeL Solutions LLC

Diagram Import is what a lot of people aside from Caterpillar have been waiting for. Have you tried it yet? I have been a part of converting extremely large designs and apart from some minor problems with labels, it handled it very well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back