Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing template

backoffice

hello
is there a possibility to have in a template drawing the way witch allows to choose witch repsentation i would use to open my assembly??
using a drawing template and before opening an assembly, i would like to have a window with allows me to choose witch representation i would.
the default is that all drawings are opened with master representation.
is there a way to open them with the representation desired?
thanks

hi backoffice,

Try doing this go to TOOLS >> OPTIONS and set,

open_simplified_rep_by_default >> yes

now try opening your assembly, a dialog box will open to select the representation. I hope this is what you need. Is it?
Edited by: deepak0132002

no unfortunately, this is not i want.
this option works only if i don't use a drawing template.
But, i would to get this usign a drawing template.

this option works only when opening assembly in 3D, itgives the possibilty to choos witch representation do u like.
but this choice i would like it in drawing.
so when making an assembly drawing and using template, i would to have this possibilty to choose witch representation.

no, it doesn't work. u can imagine that i have 10 simple representation of my assembly, so how can i choose witch representation i would like??
of course using a drawing template, because without template, Pro/ENGINEER allows to select witch representation u would like!

1. In your drawing go under File>Properties>Drawing Models>Set/Add Rep and select the representation you want. Create your views.

2. If you already have views created, select a view, right click, select properties.Look under View States. You can select the representation you want and apply the changes. Dependent views will update.

Method 2 only works with assemblies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back