Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

relation and parameter

Nooruladha

This is purely academic exercise, i wonder if anyone knows how to do this:

1) assigning value to parameter, which is assigned to an internal dimension value, and check if it violate the constraint. e.g:

in tools>relations:
if angle > 30
d18 = angle
endif

in tools>parameters:
angle given value of 10.

would ProE pop up an error?

This would be easy enough to run a test case on
but I'll just guess. No error will be issued.
d18 will simply maintain whatever value it has.
Put an Else d18 = 30 statement in to insure the
minimum value.

I ~believe~ you can set limits on the param,
as well (, which would issue a warning?). Might
look at Help to see what it says.

I think this would work. Write the followingin relations

if angle>30
d18=angle
else
d18=0
endif

The error will be as follows

now select quickfix > clip suppress and change the value in parameter which is greater than 30. Resume your feature now

If the goal is to have Pro warn you when a parameter is outside of a constraint try this:

ANGLE > 30

D18 = ANGLE

Don't use an IF statementin this case.If ANGLE falls below 30 Pro will pop up a warning and a menu to help you resolve it.

copyboy said:
If the goal is to have Pro warn you when a parameter is outside of a constraint try this:

ANGLE > 30

D18 = ANGLE

Don't use an IF statementin this case.If ANGLE falls below 30 Pro will pop up a warning and a menu to help you resolve it.

WOw its working.

But can pro-e instead of only giving warning, can it ask for the angle to be entered instead. Is this possible.

Pro will not allow you to change the value of ANGLE at the time of failure.
smiley19.gif
You can either Continue or Abort regeneration.

If you add the parameter ANGLE to your list of INPUTS you can Abort regeneration and Regenerate > Enter > select ANGLE > enter a different value.

You can add ANGLE to your INPUT list by selecting Tools > Program > Edit Design. When the editor appears you should put something like this between the twowords INPUT and END INPUT:

INPUT
ANGLE NUMBER =40
"(ANGLE), THE ANGLE OF THE PART"
END INPUT

The line in quotation markswill let yousee the current value of ANGLE when you Regenerate > Enter.

I hope this helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back