Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Central Catalog

cbenner

Does anyone know why I am not seeing anything except empty folders in my Datatable Explorer using RSD 7 with the Central Catalog? All Catalog items have been submitted and show up fine in the Catalog Explorer, but when I look at datatables, there seems to be nothing there.

smiley6.gif

Hi Chris

You do not need to import a package. Confirm your datatables are present in the Central Catalog (check the central catalog folder on disk for the presence of files with extension .dt).

Then check the Filter drop-down in the Datatable explorer for 'External only' and they should appear!

Martin

Martin,

are you saying that if the folders can be moved easily in windows... maybe by mistake? and if that were to happen then you might get issues like described?
Edited by: design-engine

Bart,

I always recommend making the central catalog folders read-only to stop users from moving them around. The reason I suggested checking for .dt files was to ensure that there were data tables in the central catalog.

If users do start moving them around then you're most likely to see errors when you start loading catalog items that use those datatables.

Once you have confirmed that they are there on the disk then you need to ensure they're displayed in the catalog explorer. That's what the Filter drop-down is for!

Martin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back