Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

iNTRALINK SCRIPTING

canopys

Hello,

I'm trying to do some scripts in intralink, using java functions, like SequentialFile(). But as I include java librairie in the script, it doesn't work. What's the way do to this. Is there a folder to put java librairies, or is it possible to edit and compile an intralink script in an IDE like eclipse, and then run the compliled file in intralink. In such way, where are the intralink java librairie to add them in the IDE ?

Yes Idid, but I have the following error message :

c:\workspace34\.proi\.data\user.data\source\en_cours_CheckOu tLast.java:18: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class SequentialFile
SequentialFile modelListe = new SequentialFile();

SequentialFile() comes from biptutil librairie, but when I import it to the script, I have the following error :

c:\workspace34\.proi\.data\user.data\source\en_cours_CheckOu tLast.java:4: package biputil2 does not exist
import biputil2.*;

In fact I don't where I must put java librairies to make intralink compilator able to import it in the script, and even if it's possible.

A little late for this, sorry. This is for the next guy with this problem...

There are a couple of ways to force Java to use third party JAR file libraries
with Intralink Scripting. One is to place the jar file in the "ext" folder in
the JRE. Java automatically loads all JAR files in this folder upon startup.
On Windows, "ext" folder is located like this (relative to Intralink client
install folder): i486_nt\jre\lib\ext

You should test this though to ensure no problems with Intralink's own JAR files.
I've never run into any issues with it. Using CLASSPATH environment variable
and changing the java command line in the Intralink startup batch file are other
approaches that might work as well.

Check out my blog for other Intralink Scripting goodies:
http://inversionconsulting.blogspot.com

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back