Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Xhatch

cbenner

ok,... I've been asking this on every forum I can find hoping someone has the magic answer.

Is it possible yet, to create a custom xhatch pattern other than the tiny handful that PTC includes in thier package? I really need one for concrete or stone.

No, unfortunately there is no custom xhatch possibility, at least not for concrete or stone. You can create xhatches with all types of lines but not randomized one, like for the concrete.

Perhaps, this functionality will be introduced in the one of the following versions, Pro/E WF 5000.
smiley1.gif

To create a custom x-hatch modify a current x-hatch (spacing, angle, offset and line style) then save the modified x-hatch with save in the same menu. The saved .xch file will be save tothe current working directory. You will needto move it to the default x-hatch directory.

Hope this helps!!

Pro-E has the power I need, does piping better than anyone else.... but the 2D side of things takes me back to the days of AutoCAD pre release 10! There's a long way to go to make it a good DRAFTING tool.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back