Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spring Compression in Assy

DesignBoy

I am in need of help here.

I am trying to place a spring in assy and make it flexible to be compressed when the assy is motioned.

Can someone help please.

Rob

What is your specific question?

There are 2 options:

1) Family Tables, if you want each instance to be saved or if you have multiple instances of the spring with different compression lengths in the assembly

2) Flexible parts.

What have you tried and where did you get hung up?

to make spring flexiblw you have to put relations to drive the height of this spring

remmember - prro\e allows you to create a spring only with pitch information. No. of coils is not included. So, if you gonna simply change height of spring, this will run, but the no of coils go down. So, create relation first to drive pitch value, in this manner to have sconstant number of coils

As I understand it, you are trying to make the spring flex as the mechanism is operated; you need the spring to animate. Is this right?

There are a few other posts about this sort of problem, and I don't know of anyway to do it. If you only need it to update on regen, then you can use relations or flexible parts as suggested. I'd be interested to hear if there is a way of making the spring flex with the motion of the mechanism.

Sam

Well if it' sjust cosmetic, you could use a mechanism spring.. this way as yo uflex the asembley, the spring will dynamically update..

James

this whole marketing behind flexiblity function in Pro\E makes wrong imagination for people new to the CAD software. It push to think pro\e will handle this for its own - i.e spring deformation. But it is not so easy though, even nowadays with so powerfull hardware
smiley17.gif

still, I think, there should be special tool for spring with no of coils included, to make creating compresion state for spring easier, just not to involve ralations as it is now
smiley19.gif

if you are using mecanism module. then you can definea spring that works as a real time spring (you can see the spring compressing)

so, summerising this - I have to wait additional 2 - 3 years until it would be included in part mode
smiley36.gif

and in 15 years they will probably offer cad software as the super prize in your fast food kid's meal.

The slogan might be:

"Even a 7 year old can design a new car using our simplified software"

"No small parts that could be ingested are recommended"

and if they still have fries and a burger, then it better still have grease...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back