Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Batch Print

psreddy

Hi frineds, I have 100 Pro/E Drawings files, how to print all at once, it taking much time for each one opening and printing.

Please suggest me to save time.

If you are using UNIX, you could create a huge trail file to print everything off.

But if you are on a Windows box, this wouldn't work because of the windows print manager window. You can't press this button with your trail file.

hi

i have the same opinion as toddhammer creating a *txt, file :

Get Pro/ENGINEER to generate a trail file that contains the menu picks to open a part. Default to the correct position, or whatever else you might require. Pick print options, print, and then close the part. Find this trail file. Copy it. Rename it. Copy and paste the section that contains the menu pick sequences, for as many parts as you need. Change the line that identifies the drawing you want to print out in each section. Run the trail file. Voila!!!

Words to the wise: when creating that first trail file, don't forget to close the drawing window. Pro/E has a limit of 12 windows open at the same time.

regards

xcad

psreddy, find out where your software is installed, then go to the bin directory under there and you will find a file called pro_batch.bat. It's just for doing stuff like this. It's been around a while but not a lot of folks seem to know about it.

later

I tried the Pro/Batch a fews weeks ago trying to do the same thing. It didn't work and afterwards I had to reinstall Pro/E. I don't know what I did wrong, but be careful.

Good Luck

Mike

I succeeded to run Pro/Batch.

I do even have kind of how to, but it's in italian.

If anybody out there is interested on, i can provide a translated copy of it.

FYI:

I'm running Pro/E 2001 against HP laseryet printer or Xerox 8830 plotter, but i don't think it's must to be able to run Pro/Batch.

Alex.

I succeeded to run Pro/Batch.

I do even have kind of how to, but it's in italian.

If anybody out there is interested on, i can provide a translated copy of it.

FYI:

I'm running Pro/E 2001 against HP laseryet printer or Xerox 8830 plotter, but i don't think it's a must to be able to run Pro/Batch.

Alex.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back