Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exporting coordinate point values

rodo

I have made a point pattern, which is made of 500 points. now I would like to export x,y,z coordinate values out of proe in a txt. or similar file, so that I can later import those coordinate values into Matlab. I have tried to save prt file as VDA file, where I can get all x,y,z values, but the record of points is very unpractical for further work.

I know that it was a lot of stuffwritten about importing points values into Proe, but I didn't find nothing about exporting them out of ProE.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Edited by: rodo

rodo

if you have used offset coordinate system datum point tool then it is possible to save the data in .pts file and can be used for some other software

Vlad put up a real good post on this awhile back, also there is a batch file to extract pts from a iges file around here somewhere

Hi Rodo,

Inoffset CSys Datum pointdash board there is an option called Update value. This opens the values in txt formate you can go for save a copy and can use it for other applications

Now when you want to use it for pattern just click import and select the saved file it will serve the purpose View attachment 4012

And if you have used the other comand then convert the pattern to table pattern and save a copy of the file and call it while pattern other point with option file >>read option

hope it serves the purpose

Thank you all for answers, you have helped me a lot. I did it with "offset datum point tool"

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back