Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rep keeps changing w/o user input

nlinesk8s

I'm running Wildfire 2. I have a large assembly with a number of sub-assemblies. I have a rep used to drive a Drawing. The default setting for the repis "exclude." I pick and choose parts and sub-assemblies to create my Drawing rep.

Here's the problem: Every time I bring up the Drawing rep, one of the sub-assemblies shows as "master," which is what I would get if I picked to include it. Even if I reset this sub-assembly to the default, and save the assembly, the next time I bring up the assembly, the sub-assembly is now included in the rep. Something is over-riding my selections.

It gets better. If I switch to a part window to do some work there, and then switch back to the assembly window, ProE begins a regen, with the sub-assembly in master rep.

Either of these situations causes ProE to drop out, as it blows out my computer's memory (like I said, it's a big assembly).

Any help appreciated. This is costing me a lot of time and frustration.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back