Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do I create a mold base library

Tesla77

How would I go about creating a mold base library of my own to use. We do not have EMX and do not see getting it in the near future. I have used Mold Layout and I would like to either create a custom mold base library that would work with Mold Layout or just create a mold library of my own that I can access from the server.
Edited by: Tesla77

Hey Tesla ..

Even I have got the same question .. I am simply not comfortable with usage of EMX. It looks like it has got a lot of BUGS. Even the PTC support over here is not that good. Please let me know if you have found out any such method. It strongly feel that, it is possible to make our own mold bases using the good old pro/e functionality of Mold Layout>Mold Bases.

Can you/anybody help me out ? Thanx in advance ..

Regards,

Asher

k_b_asher said:
I am simply not comfortable with usage of EMX. It looks like it has got a lot of BUGS. Even the PTC support over here is not that good.

Hi Dear

as I am using the emx from last three years and I didnt find any bug or anything like you say Asher. The main problem is that the emx is for the peoples who used standard mold base components from major suppliers like Hasco, Futaba, DME etc etc. For the peoples who dont use the standard components, must use it for mold base, ejector pins, bolts etc. Or who can make their own library in emx too. I cant spare my time as I want to develop the new library in emx, but I will do it.

EMX does have many imperfections and the support is very poor. Family tables is not the way to go. I build mold libraries utilizing a combination of parameters, relations, and Pro/Program. Family table driven libraries store every instance of the part and take up too much room.

Creating a customlibrary of your own use is an extensive amount of work, does the company you work for have the resources to dedicate to this?

I might be able to help, I have extensive libraries. I have been designing full 3D mold designs in proe for 10 years. Here's some pics

http://mortons.phanfare.com/album/183114#imageID=10732441

password: design

TOOT TOOT!
smiley2.gif

Im using same method as Jmorton76 it works very well, we have control on what we do , but its time consuming at startup, I think , I m searching to start using emx but like some said it has some imperfections, and we have to create our own library, for non standard mold bases. I

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back