Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Access to joint limits

pro_javi

Hello.

I have assembled one part via connection (pin joint) and set regen value, minimun and maximum limits. Everything in assemble mode.

Now, i want to access those variables to drive them in relations/parameters/family table, so on. But i can

pro_javi,

the mechanism assembly constraints are different. Have you tried to open the relations editor at the point you are finished with the part assembly constraints? the dimensions should then become accessible...you can also adjust the position by changes to the constraint definition of the assembled part.

cheers,

M

pro_javi,

can you confirm what application is running at that time? If you are running the mechanism application then the relations will not be available under "tools" . If you are running in standard mode then you can access the relations.

In mechanism mode you can define the constraints to produce the desired max and min positions which is probably more what you need.

cheers,

M

Edited by: magneplanar

Tool -> Parameters -> Connection can be used to control MIN / MAX Limit.
Part RMB Edit can be used to control "Regen Value", if "REGEN" checkbox is checked.

I think these options u can see from Wildfire 3.0

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back