Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

won’t let me make a slot connection?

nycdude5000

Hi guys, I'm new here. I am assembling a lead screw and a nut and it won't let me make a slot connection between the two! I've already made the cylinder connection, but I cannot find the slot option under connections (where it usually lists gears, cams, joints). I expand the tab and it does not show up! What is the problem? Can anyone help please. I really want to get this lead screw to turn into the nut and advance. (I've already made the datum curve and the follower point on the nut)

Thanks for any help!View attachment 3533

I think you are using Wildfire 3.0 and in Wildfire 3.0 slot connection is in the assembly mode just like pin connections, cylinder connections.

Israr

Really!!? Wow, I did not know that. In the tutorial I have, the slot is in the diagram I showed above, and I was wondering why it was not there. You are correct about me using wildfire 3.0 and yes, there is a slot connection where the pin and cylinder is. How do I use it correctly? I am having trouble with the slot axis? For the point on line part, I use the datum curve on the screw and the follower point on the nut. What do I do for the slot axis?

Thanks Israr!

create one if you don't have? By the way an edge is a slotaxis. Slot axis is not necessarily a straight axis, it can be a curved edge as well like the edge of the cylinder.

Israr

Hi ,

For slot connection there is o need of axis. If side edge and one plane is inough to define the slot connection. If you have any more extra ideas please post.

Regards

Gopal Kulkarni

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back