Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help using X-sec unbend

rick0_uk

Hi, im trying to use "X-sec unbend" to flatten the below part but keep getting an "invalid spine" error. This is the first time i've usedX-sec unbend,AmI doing something wrong? Do I need some sort of relief?thanks.

View attachment 3321

Can't help you with the x-sec unbend I didn'y use it but from what I read about I don't think it can be used for closed walls like this case.

But I have a sugestion: make the bottom side with all 4 rounds in standard PRO-E, then switch to sheetmetal. Then go to insert / sheetmetal wall / flange, select one of the edges, a wall will be shown, then hold down shift and move the mouse over the round beside the edge selected. It should select all around edges and create something like below.

View attachment 3348

Then unbend / regular / select as fixed geometry the bottom surface, and unbend all.

And the part should be unbended.

PRStockhausen said:
It also works if you create the part as asheetmetal part from the start.

I agree, I only mentioned to start in standard PRO-E because if you make a part sheetmetal from scratch you can't go into standard afterwards. You're "stuck" with sheetmetal.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back