Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 hangs on PDF creation...

drvogler

Guys,

On my old system (Acrobat Pro 6.0, XP 32 bit OS), I used to be able to hit the print icon, choose a size, choose PDF printer, and then it would prompt me for a place to put the created PDF print (either from drawing, or part/assy mode), and create color PDF's. And, it would remember that directory for future PDF printing (in the same session)...

New system:

I just got Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0 to run on my new system: Windows XP 64 bit OS, dual core, 9GB memory... I get past sizing the paper and choosing to print PDF, and the system just hangs. It won't recover until I kill ProE.

I can use ProE's embedded print to PDF (plot) command as a work around, but Acrobat has some nice features I'd really like to keep using, and a lot less button clicks...

Anybody have any ideas?

Dave

I have anissue with Pro/E hanging after creating PDF's with Acrobat 4.05. PTC said that 4.05 isn't supported so I put it down to that but your issue sounds almost identical.

I can't help with a solution unfortuantely but if you do resolve itplease post it as it may help me as well. I'll do likewise. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back