Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Colors in Assembly

jamiddel

Hello,

Here's a question I would have hoped would be an easy answer, but have not figured it out yet.

How to change a part in an assembly to be the same color as it is in the part model??

I have an LCD which I want the viewable area shaded different from the frame, and I have it that way in the .prt model. But in the assembly it is a solid different color. I can't select just the surface I want in the assembly to change the color since it is not an "assembly surface or quilt".

Anyone know how to "overide" colors in the assembly to then make the part be the color(s)in the .prt file?

Thanks in advance!

The problem is that you have overridden the part colors in the assembly. In the assembly (assuming WF2) pick VIEW/COLOR & APPEARANCE. Hit the clear button then in the pull down change the selection option to components. Pick the part, done select (MMB) then apply.

Hi Friends,

We can color in part as well as assembly, whatever we select color in assembly it wont look while we open that model. It only for the assembly representation.

Whenever we remove color from the assembly it takes from part color.

I think this is the worst part ProE.

Regards

Gopal Kulkarni

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back