Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sketcher

You know what, I don't know that I've ever encountered a situation where I needed something to scale out of sketcher. I looked briefly, and I don't think you can print things out to any scale directly out of sketcher!! Good luck, if you find anything, keep us posted!

Hi gurveen:

You could save the sketch away to your Hard drive, create a sketched curve then import you sketch back into the sketch for the curve... create a drawing view and print that but its still a lot of clicking to get there.

Skuld ^_^

Hello proe user

Go to File/Plot

Plot Toolbar, in plot settings

Select : Model Size, Scale : anything you need

Try it from anywhere you want Sketcer, Part, Assembly

and you will see that all printings is in scale mode

Hello proe user

Go to File/Plot

Hello proe user

Go to File/Plot

hello Xcad

thanks for your reply

did you tried this option in sketcher?

i did but print out is not exactly to the scale.

in the plot setting dialog box under model there are 2 options

1) plot:- here i am keeping option based on zoom

2) scale:- in that even i give value 1 the print out is not to the scale

Bring the sketch into a drawing - this will allow you to plot to scale.

Either use the datum curve method mentioned above, or Insert Data from file and use the .sec file.

Ed

Create a vertical and horizontal centerline - to use for dimensioning refs.

Create your geometry and dimension to the centerlines. Now there are a couple of ways to go:

1) Modify each sketch dimension by typing a string with a scale factor. e.g. 10*3/4.

Wait until each dimension is modified until you regenerate - make sure intent manager is off.

2) Another way - while in sketch mode save the sketch to an *.sec file. This file can then be used for place section (under section tools) - scaling is an option presented when placing a section.

Align your vertical & horizontal centerlines and the sketch will be fully constrained...

Hi Dougr thanks for your reply

1} I tried this but still the print out is not to scale. What I wanted is if I draw a line of 10 units then after taking the print out if I check the same line with ruler ( measuring scale) it should be of exactly 10units length.

2}how to place a section in Drawing in proe 2000i2 ?

Is their any option in the print command? Or any option available in config file?

Hi gurveen,

I’m amassed at how long winded this is getting. I’m assuming you need a sketch for some sort of comparison, yeh? What I would do as long as your in sketcher anyway is make a part and create a protrusion based on that sketch, make a drawing and add a view of that part at any scale you wish. Then just print 1:1 as normal. Greg

Thanks Greg for reply

I already done like the way you wrote almost a month back but I wanted to solve this problem because if in future the same problem arise I do not require to waste time in preparing model and then drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back