Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing linked to save as prt

Bhargav Pandya

I modified a bent feature in a save as part from original part. How will I address this in the drawing of original part. Is there a short approach to generate the modified drawing from the original drawing without reinventing the wheel.

As far as I know, I did quite alot of these save as outside of Intralink lately, when you make a save as for a part, if that original part has a drawing then PRO-E saves adrawing automatically. This works in WF2. I don't know it it's a config option or it's a build in feature.

If your using Intralink then you make duplicate in your workspace and give new names to both drawing and part. This way the new part is linked to the drawing.

The config option is "rename_drawings_with_object".

The options are none - no drawings are created with a save as

part - drawings for parts are created

assem - drawings are created for assemblies

both- youget drawings for both parts and assemblies.

This works when the model and the drawing have the same name.

I.e. if you have 123456_bracket.prt.12 and 123456_bracket.drw.5 when you save as the part to 123468_frame wou will get 123468_frame.prt.1 and 123468_frame.drw.1.

So there is a config option and I thought it's magic
smiley1.gif
. I previously looked to my config and didn't find this option, but now I looked and it seams I have it in another config file, maybe it works from there.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back