Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Variable pitch in spring

warmwinds

I want to build a spring using a helical sweepandset the pitch as a variable, defined as a parameter. When I set the pitch it will accept a parameter but it simply sets a numerical value based on the current value of the parmeter. If the parameter is changed, the pitch will not change. Does anyone have any ideas?

create a parameter for pitch

info>feature for your helical sweep

find thefeature dimenisioncontrolling pitch say d3

relations> d3=your parameter

show parameter on model tree and change there.....regen..new value

sorry. the graph does not work. The pitch evaluates to the initial value of the graph and sets it. Set the attributes of the pitch as "Variable". Induce control points in the sweep profle. define values of pitch at the control points. I have created the following using that method.

View attachment 2966

SRINIVASANIYER1 is right. To clarify, when you draw the sweep profile you can specify the pitch at the endpoint of every line segment. If you need additional values to get what you want you need to sketch points on the sweep profile. Pro/E will linearly vary the pitch between points of different values and make constant pitch between points with the same value. It is a good idea to name these different control point dimensions and pitch values to make the part easy to work with and write relations.

Hello all,

(I use W.F. 2.0)

I don't usually have to work with springs but at this time I need to design a spring that has variable pitch. The wire diameter is .037" and there will be one complete turn at the beginning using a pitch of .037". There will be one complete turn at the end with a pitch of .037". I know I'm going to have to add a point to my graph but I am stuck. I looked at a help screen that gave me a clue but I am unable to do what the help screen says to do. The help menu says the following:
The GRAPH menu options are as follows:
<UL>
<LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Bulleted>
Define

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back