Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

wildfire 3.0 student edition

airzoom411

I recently got a wildfire 3.0 student edition and it wont run. Everytime i try to install and run, it says "xtop.exe not a valid win32 application" Can anyone help me out here? I really need to run Pro/E soon because I have a project coming up. THanks.

what is the windows you are using? Wildfire doesn't support in win98 / me.

If u are using winXP, which version is yours? 32bits & 64bits need different installation CDs.

i am on xp professional. i assume it is 32bit because it is not the new xp that came out. i just tried installing again and i keep getting the same problem. can anyone help? the version im trying to install is wildfire 3.0 student edition m020. thanks.

Edited by: airzoom411

ahhh i have seen this prob before. one quick question on it....have u ever installed it before on xp ? of is this your first time?

xtop is usally a memory error. how much RAM do u have ?

another question is have you got sp2 coz u will need that. i got this prob coz i did not have the right sp2. i had the network sp2 and not the standalone.

i cant remember the other things me done, but once i remember i'll let u know.

hope this helps :)
Edited by: cold fusion

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back