Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hole won’t stop

ivan sosa

Good afternoon you all!

I am modelinga part of which I include an ilustration. It has tapped holes and I don't see how to limit the depth of them up to the next surface, so I feed it a depth just so it does not hit the next surface. The thing is that on the drawing pro-engineer does not get rid of the "excess hole" both in isometric and in an orthogonal view. Can any one give me tipes please.

I am using Wild fire 2.0.

Thanks.

View attachment 2794

For some reason wf1-2-3 they don't accept UP-NEXT threads holes. That's why either you have to give exact depth or part width or just like it was suggested inside-out.

The Hole tool is a POS and does not work in many instances. Just make a cylindrical cut (revolve or extrude) the use the cosmetic thread feature. 10 times more flexible and robust.

If you have a "hole" command that can't decently make holes, then what does the "pro" in ProE stand for, surely it can't be for "professional".

I absolutely agree with you AHA-D. It can't be correct behavior that it is nessesary to make a workaround for such a simple feature.

Use the to next depth option that is available, it seems to work fine. The tricky part if you do outside-in approach is stopping the threaded surface or you can choose to leave out the threaded surface. If you do inside-out approach then you can just do a thru-all hole.

You can also add a relation to the hole/thread.

With an initial wall thickness and a driven thread depth you can correlate the thread depth to the wall thickness. The only problem is the thread still looks like a depth and not a "thru".

I do agree that this is a workaround of what should be an easy feature.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back