Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Linking the output of Proe measures

sridhar_mothe

HI

I have an assembly with some moving Parts ..

I'm interested in some dimensions which varies as i change some dimension thru' which i'm controlling the dimensions.

i have created the measures such as "distance" and "angle" which varies when i change the controlling dimension.

I have to change the controlling dimension 160 times ....Each time i have to manually read the measures which i have created and update them in an Excel worksheet.

I would like to know ..If there exists any method of directly Linking these measures to the Excel work sheet..So tht whenever i change the controlling Dimension...the resulting measures should get tabulated in the Excel sheet..

I hope i'm clear with my Question

Any Queries abt my Question and All Suggestions and solutions are welcome

Thanks In Advance

Sreee

Should you not be usingMotion analysis to output the value of a dimension (parameter) as the other dimension (parameter) is changed?

Phil

You can transfer the result of a measurement into a parameter. Did so in Pro2001, can't say the exact steps but I learned to do so through the helpfiles, so you should be able to find your way around.

Alex

PS : "add feature" is what you need when measuring thru 'analysis'. You then get a feature in the model tree that you can use to insert in a parameter
Edited by: AHA-D

sridhar_mothe said:
HI

I have an assembly with some moving Parts ..

I'm interested in some dimensions which varies as i change some dimension thru' which i'm controlling the dimensions.

i have created the measures such as "distance" and "angle" which varies when i change the controlling dimension.

I have to change the controlling dimension 160 times ....Each time i have to manually read the measures which i have created and update them in an Excel worksheet.

I would like to know ..If there exists any method of directly Linking these measures to the Excel work sheet..So tht whenever i change the controlling Dimension...the resulting measures should get tabulated in the Excel sheet..

I hope i'm clear with my Question

Any Queries abt my Question and All Suggestions and solutions are welcome

Thanks In Advance

Sreee

Hi Sreedhar,

If you need only the values then create a dummy family table with only the controlling dimensions and enter the values and verify , then add the dimensions you need to be tabulatedto the family table, I guess this will work

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back