Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change size from A0 to A3 in FORMAT

paoloz

Hi, I am working with ProE2001

I have a format file (.frm) in A0 size with several tables and draft entities. I want to change the format from A0 to A3 (or other format), maintaining all the draft entities and the tables. How can I do?

If it were a drawing, it is easy (add another sheet, change the format, and so on...)

How can I do?

Best regards,

Paolo

You need to create a new format for the A3 size.

Take the A0 format and save-as and then modify the size. Depending on how the format border was created, it may be simple, just change parametric values, or complex, move lines and trim.

well...

but how can I modify the parameter SIZE? I mean: I can take the original size A0 and then reduce the draft entities in A3 format... but the parameter SIZE (bottom part of the window) is A0. I want to change this parameter...

paolo

I've had to copy formats to other sizes recently.

My advice would be to save copies of the tables from the original format. Simple Draft entities should probably be remade, but more complex one can be copied into a symbol.

Then you start a new format, add in you saved tables and symbols, recreate the simple draft entities, and your done.

Jeremy
Edited by: Jeremy Feist

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back