Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF2 M210 or WF2 M230?

725coupe

The powers that be are finally letting us update our WF2 & Intralink builds. Currently we are at WF2 M110 & Intralink 3.4 F000. Our intralinkis scheduledbe updated to M30. Are there any issues we should be aware of when choosing between WF2 M210 or M230? I have checked the PTC update advisor and it looks like M230 would be a better choice. Any comments?

Any response is appreciated?

Hey 725coupe,

With my experience choosing between Pro/Engineer builds in the M200s datecodes makes little difference unless, of course, you are having some very specific problem that will be resolved in a higher datecode. If not, I believe you will be fine with either M210 or M230. Our company usually aims for the high M100s datecodes in a Pro/E release. With respect to Intralink, both WF 2.0 M210 and M230 will work well with Intralink 3.4 F000 and M030. In fact, Intralink 3.4 M030 will support Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 F000+, which is good for the future.

Hope this helps.

You will have to wait a while for M230. It doesn't have a release date on the PTC Product Calendar, except for Sep/Oct 2006.

Any of the M200+ releases should be good. I have just started using M220.

I agree with Adam, you should load a build of 3.4 that will support WF3.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back