Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assigning density to cables

yasir-z

Hi!!

I am working on a large assmebly that has routed system. I am using procabling to route cables and harnesses. Now i need to know the effect on weight and center of gravity by putting these cables in the assmbly. I am unable to find a way to assgn some density and estimate weight of cables in wf2. Is there any way. Thanx in advance.
Regards
Yasir

YZ
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Add the parameter DENSITY to your spools which gives you the linear density, mass per unit length.
<O:p></O:p>
Note
The MASS_UNITS and UNITS parameters should also be specified for the wire/cable or sheath. Default units for this value are derived from the assembly itself if the MASS_UNITS and UNITS parameters are not used. <O:p></O:p>
Jim
Edited by: jimsmith

Jim!! Thanx alot fo rur response. I have added those parameters and my prob has resolved.
Thanx again\
Regrads
Yasir

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back