Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE slow and now won’t load

nomar116

Hi!

I first started using Wildfire and found that is was VERY slow. The program would constantly "unhighlight" things slowly after you drug you're cursor over them, it was ridiculous.

My video card was not installed correctly so I thought maybe this was it. I fixed that problem and now when I try to start ProE the splash screen pops up, goes away, and ProE never loads. Any ideas??

Nomar-

I had the same issue with WF2 on one of my machines.

First- For me the Very slow highlight & unhighlight was due to the hardware acceleration for the graphics card being set to NONE. So check that.

Second- As far as proe not starting- try changing the config file "graphics win_32_gdi. If this allows Proe to load then the OpenglDriver may need to be reloaded.

If you are using a software firewall or spyware software make sure that this does not block the xtop.exe and other exe from running. Norton will do this and you will need to add this to your exceptions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back