Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

xpr files cause drawings to crash

pro_eek

I posted in another thread about a drawing that caused WF4 M070 to crash when you open the drawing. Well it turns out that if you have .xpr files in your working directory, they are the culprit.

Just delete all xpr files (I deleted an xas file as well) and the drawing will open with no crashing. Not sure why this happens, but maybe someone had the same problem, hope this helps. Not sure what the use of xpr files are anyway. Someone said they're family table accelerator files. I did change instance names in family tables, not sure if this caused the problem.

Hey,

The files that are created are only required when u use
Productpoint or Isodraw or an other program that
connects to Pro E.
It's only needed with family table files. It's a kind of
accelerator file for instances.

If you don't need it, just reset this option in your
config.pro "save_instance_accelerator" and set it to
none.

Hi All,

I am using WindChill 9.0. I also have xpr and xas files for assemblies. I keep changing the save_instance_accelerator to None; this works until I open up the assembly the next time a start ProE. I do not know where these files are located, as I have a file name that is not a valid ProE convention.

Jeff Toff

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back