Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wire EDM_Arc output

blmmdes

Hi all,

Using NX 4.0.3.3. Our Wirecut machine's RS232 interface stopped working for unknown reasons and i want to print out the G code file so that we can type manually on the controller untill the DNC problem is solved.

I have a ceated a 4-axis wirecut program, the problem is the length of program (too many blocks) and I figured out that the program generated by NX is in point-point format and is not outputting the arcs. however my option under Start/End Events>Arc output is checked ON. It is not the problem of postprocessor either because i am using the default WIRE_EDM post provided by UGS by changing the output units to MM. The same post will output arcs in the case of a 2-axis program.

For your info the motion format for our machine is X Y I J U V K L (XYIJ being programming plane co-ordinates and UVKL being auxillaryplane co-ordinates)

Thanks in advance

Ananth Kulkarni

Sri Lanka

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back