Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windows Enviroment

dschnoblen

Does anyone have their workstation setup as a "User" to run PRO/E. In order to get PRO/E to run I have to have my workstations set as "Local Administrator" does anyone have good local policies to be able to run PRO/E without local adminstrator rights.
Edited by: dschnoblen

We have all of our users as local Administrators here at Steelcase Inc. We use an Active Directory user group to manage that rather than add each individual user.

Thanks for the response, I will have to forward your message to our IT department. Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated from one Michigan Company to another!

We encountered the same issue when trying to run Intralink 3.4. It seems that the user needed Admin rights to write to the .proi folder.

I don't know about Intralink and PDMlink but Pro Engineer can be started as a user login into Windows. You will just need to create another startup folder when logged in as user and point Pro e to start there (working directory). I believe the error that you are facing is due to unable to have write access on the setup directory for the trail file. Copy the necesary config.pro and config.win files to that directory to ensure that settings are kept.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back