Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill vs the rest

x-guru

Hello guys,
I wanna ask about comparing "Winchill vs the other PLM solutions" because our company (+1000 people) is going to consider a dozens of WCH licences. We have about 20 Pro/E floating licences for ~40 people now. We need to manage Pro/E data and WCH looks as only the right one. But it's quite expensive when you should cover WCH with >100 users in the future. So my questions are:

1) Is there any other and cheaper solution except WCH - without risking data degradation during conversion to different system ? I don't care about general DMS systems but primary for Pro/E data management.

2) Is somewhere any survey of all PLM solutions at this level (for Catia, Pro/E, Siemens etc.) with price/performance/reliability comparing ?

3) What is your longterm experience with WCH ?

Thanx

well if there is a need to bound colaboration between multi countries deps, Windchill proof to be great tool. Point is, it is heavy tool to administrate, but if your company is 1000+ users, that is for sure already accounted.

Recently PTC has proofed its capabilities regarding big automotive OEM manufactures making a deal regarding PLM software with Hyundai and Volvo. This means something for sure.

Tell x-guru, what is the Czech company with 1000+users. First what comes to my mind could be Skoda, or Tatra?

The first one should be driven by VW environment.

Anyway please follow this post:
<a href="http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41922&PN=1" target="_blank">
http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41 922&PN=1</a>

muadib3d said:
Tell x-guru, what is the Czech company with 1000+users. First what comes to my mind could be Skoda, or Tatra?
No, bad shot
smiley18.gif

I have written that we have 1000 people and 100 potential users not 1000 users...

Edited by: x-guru

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back