Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill set state

herb

We are new to Windchill here. Just now getting it up and running and completed the overview training. I am logged in as the org admin and am trying to do a "set state" on severalitems at once. I can make the necessary "set state" changes on one item at a time but cannot find a way to do a group at a time. Any suggestions?

P.S. All you windchill experts out there, get prepared. I am going to have a lot of questions and will need a lot of advice. I know this will get easier as time goes by, but right now Windchill seems 10 times more complicated than Intrlink was.

One way to do it, is to add all the objects to a workspace. You can do a mass "set state" there.

- marc

herb said:
We are new to Windchill here. Just now getting it up and running and completed the overview training. I am logged in as the org admin and am trying to do a "set state" on severalitems at once. I can make the necessary "set state" changes on one item at a time but cannot find a way to do a group at a time. Any suggestions?

P.S. All you windchill experts out there, get prepared. I am going to have a lot of questions and will need a lot of advice. I know this will get easier as time goes by, but right now Windchill seems 10 times more complicated than Intrlink was.

We are using Intralink 8 and there is NO WAY it is more complicated. Huge loss of functionality and performance have always been big issues for us. Incidentally, you cannot do a multiple search for items AND add these items to your workspace like you could with Intralink 3X (i.e. filenames separated by the semi-colon).

pjw said:
herb said:

We are using Intralink 8 and there is NO WAY it is more complicated. Huge loss of functionality and performance have always been big issues for us. Incidentally, you cannot do a multiple search for items AND add these items to your workspace like you could with Intralink 3X (i.e. filenames separated by the semi-colon).

And the winner is ........ mardeb

Thanks to all that responded. I am sure to have more questions/problems later.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back