Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill on IE7

dakeb

I'm having a problem with ProE WF3 with Windchill running on IE7.At least once aday I have to delete temporary internet files orWindchill just hangs and "thinks" it's not connected to the internet.

Deleting the temp files restores Windchill activity but it's a bit of a pain.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

Interesting that deleting the temp files helps. We do lose connection sometimes as well.

Have you set the MaxScriptStatements settingin registry using Regedit? Thats for larger workspaces but I wonder if it would hjelp. Lots of stuff in the knowledge base about tweaking IE to run better.

I've tried a few things, cache is already at maximum 1024. I played around with some DNScache Registry settings to no avail.

Not sure what MaxScriptStatements are, will check that out.

Still can't go a day without having to delete temporary files.

Typically scripts stop running first, then if I continu to run the scriptsI get "Cannot connect to the internet" messages.

Everything works again when temp files are deleted, even without restarting Windchill.

We were using IE7, Windchill 9.0, and Wildfire 3.0 for a while, and experienced very similar issues.

When I logged a call with PTC about it, they said that IE7 wasn't supported with Windchill 9.0, and to switch to a supported browser.

We have since upgraded to Wildfire 4.0, Windchill 9.1, and still use IE7 on some machines, IE8 on others. The issues have gone away for the most part.

-marc

Setting registry value MaxScriptStatements to the maximum(FFFFFFFF) has certainly cured most of the problems I was experiencing, thanks FishNut.

I still occasionally get dropped internet but a WS refresh usually cures that.

Occasionally the simple search won't work, it gets into an endless loop, yet Advanced search works so long as you search using keyword and not filename (Putting the filename in the keyword box usually finds the part).

These errors are now down to once or twice a week after using that registry value, even without deleting temp files. Previously they were a few times a day.

In IE7 select Tools /internet Options /Browsing history Settings - set theDisc Space to the max 1024.

Have you tried using Firefox instead of IE?

We have IE7 and Firefox on our machines, and Windchill runs much smoother in Firefox... Usually I have a window of Firefox (Windchill) open all day on my machine with no problems or disconnects.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back