Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill Ghost Object issue

usnambur

Hi,
Could anyone tell Me how to avoid Ghost object in Windchill workspace.Particularly for the pro-e files which are modified in local drive and to be checked in.

Also If you know please share me the Tricks & methods to avoid Ghost objects in Windchill.Thanks in advance.

regards
umashanker.N

I wish I had an easy answer to that question. My company has migrated from Intralink to PDMLink and now we deal with ghost objects all the time.

For the specific case where a designer is changing an assembly and a drawing and during check in procedure PDM tries to carry ghost objects, I have created the following method to eliminate the ghost objects:

Hello,

If ghost objects appear when you save a drawing to your workspace, you can easily remove them by starting pro/e with following 2 options in config.pro:

cleanup_drawing_dependencies yes

cleanup_layout_dependencies yes

then retrieve the drawing, pro/e will give a list with the references that are missing. Confirm to delete these.

Removing ghosts in WildFire 5:

1) Go to Info > Reference viewer. Show > Dependencies. Right click and choose, break dependencies on the items marked with a red (Most likely the items you are being haunted by).
2) Set cleanup_drawing_dependencies=yes_cs_not_required
3) Open the drawing in session
4) Backup drw to disk
5) Separate the drw and asm file from the others that are created when you did the backup. Putting them in a new folder makes it use the parts/asm it finds in your workspace = No checkout of other parts required.
6) Erase the drawing and asm from session (From workspace)
7) Retrieve the drawing from disk
8) Select Yes to remove the dependencies when prompted (if any)
9) Save to workspace and select Yes to overwrite the content in the workspace with the drawing in session (Wont occur if you did step 5)
10) Set cleanup_drawing_dependencies=no
11) Check in the drawing
12) If problem still remains: There might be an exploded view, snapshot or something like that that refers to the ghost.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back